WebHosting Paid by #1Payday.Loans

   The ROCK Linux project has been discontinued in 2010. Here are the old data for the historical record!

Re: [rock-linux] iso-distributions

ROCK Mailing List Archives

Attachments
Entire message
+ (text/plain)
Subject: Re: [rock-linux] iso-distributions
Hi,

On: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 11:26:27 +0000,
Christian <> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> last morning i had a chat with a guy who wanted to install ROCK too.
> He had nearly the same problems.
> I'm no expert and so i couldn't help him. I asked him "are you disappeared
> now?"
> He said "no this is a beta version and its okay."
>
> Rock 2.0 is not ready. Its still in development.

Nope. ROCK Linux 2.0 is nealy finished. But if someone has problems to
install it on some esoteric machine he is free to debug this and see
what's going wrong ... I can not reproduce this.

the -beta6-generic was tested by daja77 and is in widely use

the -beta6-desktop was tested by me on two machines and is in use, too
(although I heared of some installation problems, yes)

the -camp-desktop was tested on the camp - and retested in Vienna
in a company where we demonstrated it (have I uploaded the wrong ISO
... ? - I recheck)

> And you cannot expect a disribution like mandrake from the "god" Rock
> developers. This would be the end of ROCK. :)

Nope - ROCK Linux is as easiy to install as YDL or Debian - especially
on non-x86 architectures. Debain or YDL will not even run flawlessly
on recent iBooks.

> Grüssle
>
> Christian

Sincerely yours,