WebHosting Paid by #1Payday.Loans

   The ROCK Linux project has been discontinued in 2010. Here are the old data for the historical record!

[rock-linux] RC2-Generic and source

ROCK Mailing List Archives

Attachments
Entire message
+ (text/plain)
Subject: [rock-linux] RC2-Generic and source
Hi

I just want to check a couple of things out, and see if I have burned
my ISO's incorrectly or if there are missing or corrupt files in the
RC2 Generic release ?

kdeedu3.x.x, rockplug gnome-print, gnome-themes22 these are a few I can
remember.

Also It seems that dhcp is broken it is missing ifconfig file, and even
copying this file from another distro to /sbin it doesn't work :(

mkisofs is also missing, I did manage to successfully create a
boot/rescue target from the rock-source-2.0.0.src :) it took a bit of
fiddling, I was unable to find bin86 or lilo anywhere on any of the
mirrors, just empty directories, again lynx and a google search found
these packages on obscure sites but eventually got them copied them to
the relevant directories and the scripts picked them up and converted
them from tar.gz's to tar.bz2's, then when I tried from the
instructions to build the ISO's I got all sorts of problems, wouldn't
recognise
  the -size or mkdebug flags either and then it couldnt find mkisofs on
the newly installed rock-generic 2 rc2 install, but once again copied
mkisofs from another distro and it did the trick :)

Apart from the above it looks very promising, though I would hate to
imagine how long it would take to build the desktop target, it took
almost 5 hours to just build the boot disk :) just leave it and forget
it for a day or so I reckon :)

IBTW I used the latest tar.bz2 from the site ftp said 14th November 03
this was the newest I could see.