WebHosting Paid by #1Payday.Loans

   The ROCK Linux project has been discontinued in 2010. Here are the old data for the historical record!

[rock-linux] drock-2.0.0-rc2 x86 and PowerPC

ROCK Mailing List Archives

Attachments
Entire message
+ (text/plain)
Subject: [rock-linux] drock-2.0.0-rc2 x86 and PowerPC
Hi,

$subject are now available for preview/test at:

https://gsmp.tfh-berlin.de/ftp/rock/incoming/

The -rc2 is tested, it has the usual "gnome2 stuff is broken problem"
ROCK Linux builds had at this time. To correct this run (as root):

WINDOWMANAGER=gnome-session startx

exit X

find /etc/opt/gnome2/ -type f | xargs chmod +r
find /etc/opt/gnome2/ -type d | xargs chmod +rx

and all the other users have a function GNOME, too.

The PowerPC ISOs are tested (on a old 12" and recent 14" iBook).

I'm currently working on getting the PowerPC bootable on IBM RS/6000
(rs6k). I hope to archive this in the next days - and if yes I'll
replace the PowerPC images with updated ones ... - As far as I can see
using google.com we would be the first distribution with rs6k bootable
CDs ...

(a x86 -rc3 is also already rsyncing - and I'll announce thas one when
I found time to test it ..)

Sincerely yours,
  René Rebe
    - ROCK Linux stable release maintainer