WebHosting Paid by #1Payday.Loans

   The ROCK Linux project has been discontinued in 2010. Here are the old data for the historical record!

[rock-user] Hardcover ROCK Linux Handbook copy

ROCK Mailing List Archives

Attachments
Entire message
+ (text/plain)
CC:
Subject: [rock-user] Hardcover ROCK Linux Handbook copy
Hi,

the proposal to make the ROCK Linux Handbook an official O'Reilly one
will not take place in the next 1 1/2 + years (although I might end up
writing another book for them).

So I made first planings to print a 300(+) pages softcover (like the
O'Reilly ones) version via ROCK Linux Consulting (DE) and found a
print office doing it for a /reasonable/ price. But we (or more
correct I) need to sell at least more than 100 copies (wich should not
be that hard? - e.g. events, ...).

If you are interested in a ROCK Linux Handbook with a lot more content
(at least twice as much info as the current work in progress one) and
many more review (spelling, grammer, diagrams, ...) printed in about
half a year (maybe this winter) for about 30EUR (incl. German taxes
but not shipping - 25EUR without taxes) please feel free to drop me a
note.

I'll also add a pre-order form to the web-page to see if other people
are interested.

A "I would be interested" notification sent to me is not a binding
agreement, just a loose form to estimate the amount to schedule. You
do not need to buy the final version when out.

Sincerely yours,
  René Rebe
    - ROCK Linux stable release maintainer

--