[rock-devel] 2.0-stable versus 2.1/trunk

Author: Tobias Hintze
To: rock-devel
Subject: [rock-devel] 2.0-stable versus 2.1/trunk
hi,

the difference between trunk a.k.a. "2.1" and 2.0-stable is quite big.
we all know that. that's why the next trunk-release will propably be a
3.x version.

the most important question that came up with the kde-update-in-stable
idea is: should this update happen in 2.0-stable?

it might be a good idea to NOT do the kde-update (which propably
includes ABI change) in 2.0-stable.

besides that i think that the gap between 2.0-stable and 2.1 is too big
for stabilizing by merging from 2.1 to 2.0 in one step. my idea is to
split this into more steps. IMHO these steps should be called
2.{2,4,6,8}-stable.

that would imply that we should rename the current trunk from 2.1 to
something like 2.99, 3.x-dev, ...

RFC!

th
--
Tobias Hintze http://hbs-solutions.de
HBS solutions GbR - Network & Information Systems