WebHosting Paid by #1Payday.Loans

   The ROCK Linux project has been discontinued in 2010. Here are the old data for the historical record!

[rock-devel] fftw3 package

ROCK Mailing List Archives

Attachments
Entire message
+ (text/plain)
New-Topics: [rock-devel] Rock 2.0.3 and SATA
Subject: [rock-devel] fftw3 package
Hello,

I just stumbled over this, while packaging dangerdeep, which might break in a
reference build. The reason for this is the fftw3 package. We currently set
the --enable-float switch in the conf file, this creates a fftw3f lib instead
of the normal fftw3 lib. This would be the problem if one could just link
against fftw3f. I tried but I got unresolved symbols. I "fixed" that by
removing that switch while building fftw3 on my system. I consider this a bug
of the fftw3 package that it does not produce its normal lib when the switch
is activated. The reaso why I did not send a patch for the package is, that I
don't know if other packages rely on the fftw3f lib. Perhaps Chris can say
sth about that, and perhaps reporting the bug to the developers ( I can do
that as well, if you like).

Cheers,

Daniel