WebHosting Paid by #1Payday.Loans

   The ROCK Linux project has been discontinued in 2010. Here are the old data for the historical record!

[rock-linux] cross-compiled bootdisk, sense?

ROCK Mailing List Archives

Attachments
Entire message
+ (text/plain)
Subject: [rock-linux] cross-compiled bootdisk, sense?
Hi All,

,--------
| $ pwd
| /mnt/build/rocklinux-src-HEAD
|
| $ rm -rf config/ src/
|
| $ ./scripts/Config
| [choosing bootdisk as target distribution with minimal pkgsel template]
|
| $ grep -c ^X config/default/packages.txt
| 99
|
| $ ./script/Config
| [choosing Cross-Compilation and PIII optimizations]
|
| $ grep -c ^X config/default/packages.txt
| 45
'--------

Can anyone explain that to me? Is it technically feasible and reasonable
at all to create a cross-compiled bootdisk?

I don't need that, just wondered about this phenomenon. :-)

-- tcr () ``Ho chresim'eidos uch ho poll'eidos sophos''