WebHosting Paid by #1Payday.Loans

   The ROCK Linux project has been discontinued in 2010. Here are the old data for the historical record!

Re: [rock-linux] rocknet module for dns setup

ROCK Mailing List Archives

Attachments
Entire message
+ (text/plain)
Subject: Re: [rock-linux] rocknet module for dns setup
Hi,

On: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 16:30:21 +0100 (CET),
Valentin Ziegler <> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> IMHO it would be usefull if it were possible to specify different
> nameservers for different rocknet configuration entries.
>
> The attached module introduces the keywords "search" and "nameserver".
> The implementation is quite trivial - it rewrites /etc/resolv.conf
> (just like dhclient does) Maybe there is a better way ?
>
> Just a suggestion.

I also think we need s.th. like this. For me it is ok to flush the
file with the valid values when ROCK Net is run. Some regex magic and
sorting would get quite complex.

I would add the module. Any other votes? (non-destruction could be add
later if needed ...)

Sincerely yours,
  René Rebe
    - ROCK Linux stable release maintainer