WebHosting Paid by #1Payday.Loans

   The ROCK Linux project has been discontinued in 2010. Here are the old data for the historical record!

[rock-devel] Chemnitzer Linux Days - Day 1

ROCK Mailing List Archives

Attachments
Entire message
+ (text/plain)
Subject: [rock-devel] Chemnitzer Linux Days - Day 1
Departure

Leaving Berlin was kind of difficult due to the inhabitants of northern
parts of Germany never having seen snow before in their entire lives.
Well, at least they behaved like this.
I got up at 05:00 AM and almost fell asleep again under the shower.
After a healthy breakfast with two extra-large cups of coffee I felt
ready to leave. In the car I realized that I forgot my backpack with the
laptop and other "minor important" stuff. Oh well, what a start.

Leaving Berlin

Leaving Berlin was quite easy because the streets were already cleaned
of this strange white stuff that fell from the heavens over night.
Outside of Berlin this was another story. Cars on the Autobahn (highway)
were going at most at 60 km/h. Well, at least they were only on the
right lane so people used to snow and with correct tires (ie: me) were
able to go past them quite nicely.

Chemnitz

Arrived at the Chemnitzer Linux Days (CLT - Chemnitzer Linux Tage)
around 08:45 AM. Found Daniel at the Gaming Booth and started to pin up
the posters at the ROCK booth with the help of the organizational staff.
Shortly afterwards we were congratulated to having the largest poster on
the whole event.
We counted twice that everyone was there and were pretty sure that we
didn't miss anyone:
- - Daniel
- - Benjamin
Yes, everyone there.
Daniel and me took turns manning the booth while the other one was
listening to a talk or visiting another projects booth.
Our booth is located between Debian and Gentoo but so far no one got
injured.
Several people were interested in using ROCK both as user and developer.
Some people asked for a AMD64 LiveCD and I promised to give this request
to the LiveCD maintainer.
Other people were sadly disappointed with the lack of broad
documentation and went visiting one of the neighboring booths.

Daniel started early attracting some nice girls which also helped us
manning/womaning the booth during the day.

Social Event

Unfortunately I couldn't stay for the social event in the evening
because getting up at 05:00 AM really got me tired at around 09:00 PM
and so I left early.

Pictures to follow soon.

Greetings,
        blindy
- --
Benjamin 'blindCoder' Schieder
Registered Linux User #289529: https://counter.li.org
finger | gpg --import
- --
/lusr/bin/brain: received signal: SIGIDIOT