WebHosting Paid by #1Payday.Loans

   The ROCK Linux project has been discontinued in 2010. Here are the old data for the historical record!

Re: [rock-devel] Question

ROCK Mailing List Archives

Attachments
Entire message
+ (text/plain)
Subject: Re: [rock-devel] Question
08 Jun 2004 Miguel Bolanos <> wrote:

> why must we have the ROCK-COPYRIGHT-NOTEs on every
> single file in the src? Isn't it enough with
> Documentation/COPYING?

It's not enough IIRC, yet...

> I honestly believe that it should be removed, as part
> of a cleanup work that in my opinion should be done in
> rock.

... I wholeheart agree. Let's face it, the ROCK .conf
and .desc files are hardly of any use outside our DBK,
and even if they were, who was going to use them under
a non-GPL license? We're not writing MPlayer after all.

Many of the .patches are not written by ROCK developers,
and I'm not sure our copyright may be placed in them.

--
E-gards: Jimmy