WebHosting Paid by #1Payday.Loans

   The ROCK Linux project has been discontinued in 2010. Here are the old data for the historical record!

Re: [rock-devel] Question

ROCK Mailing List Archives

Attachments
Entire message
+ (text/plain)
To: ,
CC:
Subject: Re: [rock-devel] Question
Hi,

On: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 09:48:55 -0600,
Miguel Bolanos <> wrote:
> Good day everyone.
>
> Silly question.
>
> why must we have the ROCK-COPYRIGHT-NOTEs on every single file in the
> src? Isn't it enough with Documentation/COPYING?
>
> I honestly believe that it should be removed, as part of a cleanup work
> that in my opinion should be done in rock.

No - we introduced them to stop other vendors stealing ROCK content
without keeping us acknowledged - this is why we introduced them.

They are auto-generated and they stay.

> Now this is all my personal opinion, but please any REASONABLE comment
> that may justify why those lines should be kept is very welcome. :)

Sincerely yours,
  René Rebe
    - ROCK Linux stable release maintainer

--