WebHosting Paid by #1Payday.Loans

   The ROCK Linux project has been discontinued in 2010. Here are the old data for the historical record!

Re: [rock-devel] Question

ROCK Mailing List Archives

Attachments
Entire message
+ (text/plain)
Subject: Re: [rock-devel] Question
On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 08:21, Dimitar Zhekov wrote:
> 08 Jun 2004 Miguel Bolanos <> wrote:
>
> > why must we have the ROCK-COPYRIGHT-NOTEs on every
> > single file in the src? Isn't it enough with
> > Documentation/COPYING?
>
> It's not enough IIRC, yet...

Hmm, I think it's enough as we generally do not distribute the single
files. Being part of a package the files fall under the COPYRIGHT of the
package (but IANAL).

> > I honestly believe that it should be removed, as part
> > of a cleanup work that in my opinion should be done in
> > rock.

/me agrees also

[snip]

> Many of the .patches are not written by ROCK developers,
> and I'm not sure our copyright may be placed in them.

Yes, there might be a problem as patches usually inherit the licence of
the file the patch is applied to (haven't seen one so far however).

George